Equal Opportunities Policy
- A written equal opportunities policy can only be a statement of good intent. For it to become effective it must be incorporated into working practice. PRSSV is committed to this principle.
- PRSSV will strive to ensure that all individuals will have equal access to its’ services.
- Our employment and service policies are designed so that no clients, employees and volunteers of PRSSV shall receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of their race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, disability, age or community background. Monitoring and evaluation will be carried out at regular intervals to ensure this happens.
- Clients, employees, volunteers and anyone who has contact with PRSSV shall not be discriminated against on grounds of gender, age, ethnic origin, ability, religion, health, anti-body status, sexuality or social class. Similarly no person shall be disadvantaged by conditions or requirements, which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
- Discrimination of any form including; offensive remarks and behaviour will not be tolerated from staff, clients or visitors.
- Equal opportunities cannot be achieved without consistent awareness and effort by all those involved in our work. Equal opportunities awareness and development in practice is an integral component of professional training. In keeping with PRSSV’s policy, all employees and volunteers must undergo equal opportunities training.